7.3.09

New Favorite Design Clique- Experimental Jetset


First, a short bit about ourselves. We are Experimental Jetset, a small, independent graphic design studio based in Amsterdam, consisting of three persons: Marieke Stolk, Danny van den Dungen and Erwin Brinkers. We have been collaborating as Experimental Jetset since we graduated from the Gerrit Rietveld Academy (in 1997, 1997 and 1998 respectively), and in our work we focus mostly on printed matter.
We often describe graphic design as "turning language into objects". With this website, we are in fact doing the opposite: we are trying to turn objects into language. Or better said, we are looking at the objects we have produced during the last ten years, and we try to describe them


I spent a bit of my time in Amsterdam (in May of last year) hunting down great posters around the city. I found so many. This picture reminds me of that time, and I wonder if I haven't already seen a lot of their work. They do a lot of awesome stuff with Helvetica, and even designed the poster for the film. Please, check them out. They're an extraordinary firm.

EXPERIMENTAL JETSET

No comments: