6.12.10

'T' Shirts by Masashi Kawamura




A totally awesome concept from Masashi Kawamura. Combining typography and fashion into these clever "T" Shirts:
‘T’ shirts are T shirts that was designed to have the silhouette of 5 famous typefaces; Helvetica, Caslon, Baskerville, Courier, and Cooper Black.

In the world of typography, terms such as typeface, character, body, etc are used to describe the form of a letter. The reason why they use expressions closely related to a human body, is perhaps because each different letter has a distinct quality and personality, in a similar way that us humans are all unique.

In the designing process of these shirts, I aimed to capture the character of each typeface and tried to give them a unique look and presence once worn. By collaborating with Itaru Yonenaga, I feel we were able to produce a collection of shirts that is not only conceptual, but wearable as real clothes. I hope you will find your favorite shirt/typeface.

The Helvetica one is definitely my favorite, besides the obvious reasons. It's hip, minimal, and kinda androgynous. These will be available for purchase in January, but I must warn you, they're incredibly expensive (Helvetica is the cheapest at $230). I don't think I'd be able to justify buying one right now. When I have the money, though, you just wait...

(via Nubby Twiglet)

No comments: